Monday, January 19, 2009

California Vacay- Getting there

I'm sorry I haven't yet blogged about our trip. I have been sorting through the photos and it's taking me a while :) So I thought I would blog it a little bit at a time.

Day 1: Everything was packed and ready to go. We dropped the baby boys off at my Mom's house and drove to Pocatello where we met up with my sister, Miriam and her family. We moved everything over into their van and headed to Vegas baby!The kids were great on the long, 10 hr (ish) drive. We had 3 laptops, a DVD player, and webkinz for them to play. They were so happy to see each other that we had no issues with them at all.
We got into Vegas very late, checked into the Stratosphere, and wandered around town a bit. We went to the Bellagio and let the kids see the fountains, and hit a few other places while we were out and about. The next morning, we got up, took the kids to see several more places. They thought it was very neat, and learned quickly about "don't look!" at just about everything on the strip :) Savannah would say, "Don't look at that huh mommy? Don't look at the naked bum" Eek! I'm from Rigby. When we see buses passing by, it's school children, not something you wouldn't even want your school children to know exists.







Savannah, Dan, Me, Mason, Jeremy, Kiana, Miriam and Keegan



I was so happy that I was able to meet up with my friend Heather for lunch while we were there. We ate at the Rainforest Cafe. The kids loved it, and I loved getting some time with Heather!


On the way out of town, we stopped at the Silverton where they have the Mermaid Aquarium. The girls thought it was the most amazing thing ever! I think they liked that more than anything else in Vegas.

1 comment:

Jeff and April said...

It sounds so fun! I wish I were on vacation too!! You look beautiful in your pictures! I'll check in later to make sure you're not prego...