Sunday, July 13, 2008

Am I brave or what?

Not only did I give birth to 4 children *brave*

Not only did I decide to do a triathlon when I did not know how to swim *brave*

Not only did I drive myself to the hospital in full blown labor *brave*


I totally out-braved myself this time.

This time I double-braved! First, I got into a swimsuit, 3 weeks post baby.
And while I was at it, I took 4 kids including my 18 month old, AND my 3 week old, to a water park, an hour and a half away from home. Yup. I am brave.

Last summer, with all my triathlon training, my kids got to spend a lot of time in the water. And they loved it! So they have been dying to go swimming this summer. Daniel has been traveling pretty much non-stop since Jayden was born, so when he got home Thursday night, we told the kids we would take them to Lava Hot Springs this weekend before he flew out again. Truth be told, I was not looking forward to sitting in the sweltering sun, covering up a fussy newborn for hours on end, while my family marinated. Jayden was 1 day post circumcision so his mood was unstable at best.

It must have been my lucky day. Savannah was just tall enough to ride the slides. Jaxon was having a blast in the water. Jayden slept most of the time and contentedly sucked on his pacifier. Some shade opened up for us to sit in. And Daniel took a turn with Jayden so I could play in the pool with the kids as well. It was such a fun family day!

Here are some pictures- of everyone in the family- but me. I may have gotten into a swimsuit 3 weeks post baby, but there would be no capturing of that image for posterity. I said I was brave-not crazy.




Savannah, Daniel and Jax in the pool





Jayden lovin' the bink




Mason shivering

Jaxon upping the cool factor





Savannah practicing hopping on one foot- a skill we all should master







Jax and Daddy, hangin' like boys do








Some hot guy I took a picture of at the pool (and incidentally, got to come home with me *wink*)





Savannah eating a protien bar





He's loving that water







Mason and Savannah walking up to the water slides.




7 comments:

Morgan said...

Looks like a way fun time!!

Erin said...

How fun!!!!!!! I need to go spend some time in the pool! I have not been in a pool since...I dont know how long! I have been in the ocean though!

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

You are so funny I am sure you look fantastic!
I just can't get over how cute those kids are! It looks like everyone had so much fun!! I really wish I was there ;) It's sooooo hot here and that looks like so much fun!!

~*Jen*~ said...

Was that the outdoor pool at Lava? Dude, I love that place!

Anyway, it looks like you guys had a ton of fun! It's always nice to get out, especially after having a baby!

Tiffini said...

That looks like so much fun! You are BRAVE for taking the kids and getting in a bathing suit wow I wouldn't even consider it! Your kids are so fetchin cute.

Alida B. said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Your children are all so adorable! :) Too bad no pics of you...next time maybe, right?!

Mel Bernard said...

you are brave!! your family is so cute!!