Thursday, November 27, 2008

He did WHAT?

Jaxon peed on the potty!

Jax is 22 months old and for the last month or so, he makes us let him sit on the potty when we change his diaper. He would not actually do anything, but he had to sit there. Then he would rip off a piece of toilet paper (not wipe, just rip it off), drop it in the toilet, flush and wash his hands. It was actually a time consuming activity since he had to do it 3 or 4 times over and over before you could put his diaper back on.

I knew he was too young to worry about potty training, so I just let him do it to get in the habit, or entertain himself. Well, last week, I went in the bathroom, and wouldn't you know it, there was a yellow wet spot in the middle of the bath tub. WHAT? He will pee in the tub but not on the potty? Then a couple days later, same thing in the shower.

Today, we were having our thanksgiving festivities, and he pooped 3- count them- 3 times, in an hour. So the third time I was changing him, he once again wanted to sit on the potty. So I let him, as I gathered up the diaper bag. All of the sudden, I hear the most beautiful sound! The sound of a toddler peeing where he is supposed to pee! It was glorious. It was music to my ears. I looked over and sho nuff, boy is peein' on the potty! I was ecstatic! I cheered and hugged and smooshed him, telling him how proud I was...

that's all. Probably won't happen again for a long time. But it was cool.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous. I have been trying to potty train my two and three year old for a while. My three year old had it down, but then he took a few huge backsteps and started having accidents a lot. My two year old is finally getting it. I am way jealous though.

Loots said...

Yay!!!

Mike pees on the floor as soon as I take his diaper off to take a bath. He's no where near ready.

Sarah said...

WOW!!!!! I'm so jealous!!! Talan just turned 2 and if we ask if he wants to use the potty he says "no. diaper" very matter of factly. LOL so It'll be a long time before I hear that sound!

Brittany said...

How COOL!

Marnie said...

Yeah for Jaxon! Let's hope he is getting it down. What a great early Christmas present!

Tatiana said...

YaY Jaxon! Way to go!