Monday, October 12, 2009

Sickies

It's been a fun week or two!

It started a couple of weeks ago when Savannah started complaining about not feeling well and started coughing. She is so healthy so she didnt say much and it wasn't bad the first few days. On Friday (10 days ago), Mason started complaining of the same symptoms. By Sunday, Mason and Savannah were both running high fevers and coughing like crazy! Monday it was Jaxon's turn. By Thursday it was Jayden, and as of yesterday, Daniel. It's obviously some strain of influenza (swine flu is rampant around here it seems!) so we all stayed quarantined for most of the week. Daniel left for a business trip yesterday and he's feeling terrible. As of today, Mason and Savannah are back to school and doing well, with the exception of that nasty cough. Jaxon is no longer running a fever but he still doesn't seem 100%. And poor little Jayden is just miserable! It seems to be taking each person about a week or so to kick this. I am praying I dont get sick because I need to be able to take care of everyone else.

Savannah also broke out in a terrible rash today. I am watching it overnight to decide if it needs looked at. It's all over her entire body, even her face. She is itching but not running a fever. Im guessing it's some sort of hives, but figure I'll watch it and see.

So here's to health-wherever it may be ;)

7 comments:

Chesney said...

im sorry your family is all sick. i hope they all get better soon and that you dont get sick

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

I am so sorry to hear this! :(
It seems to be going around unfortunately. Addison has a little something too. It's hard enough dealing with one sick kid I can only imagine what you are going thru. I hope everyone gets better soon!

Holly said...

Your poor babies! Hope everyone gets better quickly. And I hope you don't get it!

Tovi said...

Just a guess,
but I would say that Savannah's rash is a fever-induced rash. A couple of days after a high fever kids can break out into a rash similar to what you are describing.
Good luck keeping yourself well and I am glad that everyone is on the mend.

Misty said...

my neighbors had the swine flu. Their little boy got fever blisters on his face from the high fevers. We're just in the middle of it, and thankfully I only have a cough and dizziness, so I can SORT OF take care of everyone else, including hubby. I'm glad you guys are on the mend. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

its been going around here as well i guess its just that time of year, i hope everyone gets to feeling better really soon and that no one else gets sick. us women even when we do get sick we never have the time to ponder it or worry about the wo's of ourselves lol

Karen said...

I hate being sick! I think we must of had the swine flu at our house too!!! Lots of fun :) Poor Savannah--it's not chicken pox is it? That's been going around too! Here's to lots of ice cream, popsicles, and movies.