Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Early Bird's Reward

Those who know me know that I am a mother of 4, with a new baby. He doesnt sleep through the night yet, and yet I get up early morning each day to do triathlon training, and I have been doing so since he was a few weeks old. I often get asked "Why do you do that? What keeps you so motivated?" I have tried explaining to people that it's not the same as getting up to work out. When you are outdoors, in nature, there is much more to it than that. I get to see the sun rise. I get to feel the cool breeze on my skin. I get to hear nothing but silence. I get to see miles of wide open spaces. I get to feel peace and beauty each and every morning.


I can't tell you how many times I have been riding my bike and wished I had my camera along for the ride. There are so many beautiful things to see and I've wished I could capture them.
A few days ago, I was supposed to be going for a 6am ride with several of my friends, but for some reason, no one showed up. They must have cancelled but the phone chain didn't make it as far as me ;) I was waiting outside for them when I looked to the east and caught a glimpse of the morning sky. I went inside and grabbed my camera to capture one of the many things that keeps me motivated to get up so early each morning.



I wouldn't miss it for the world.

3 comments:

Kmelanese said...

Those pictures are beautiful!!!

Brittany said...

That is really beautiful! Silence would be a HUGE motivator for me, too. ha ha ha

Becca said...

That is so beautiful! If only I had the gumption to wake up early.