Sunday, August 3, 2008

OOoooh Baby- Two more new babies

Lol, no, we are NOT pregnant again, and no certainly not with twins! But we did get 2 new babies...
This is my new baby-the Lady in Red ;) Isn't she beautiful? I had a road bike already but it was an aluminum body (I guess I should explain for those that aren't familiar with bikes- aluminum is a heavier bike than carbon, the lighter the bike, the faster the bike) and just a basic road bike, nothing fancy. I really, really wanted to upgrade to an all carbon body with Ultegra components (the parts of the bike other than the body itself, Ultegra is an upgraded component from what was on my old bike). I also wanted to go down to a 54cm frame (the size of bike) from the 56cm that I had. I went with the Felt F4 (the make and model of the bike). Daniel is just starting out in the triathlon world, and in true Daniel form, he wanted to start off with the good stuff, so he wanted one too.



This is Daniel's new baby, yet to be named. He actually needed a 60cm frame, so his is a giant Giant OCR c2 (the Make is Giant, the model is the OCR c2) ;)

We both went with last year's model and because we bought both bikes, we were able to save $1100 on the bikes.

I give it it's first long ride tomorrow, and I can't wait to see how it performs. Then I will be riding in the Rush Triathlon on August 16th, and Daniel and I will both be riding in the Bear Lake Brawl Triathlon on September 6th. Guess we better get used to them quickly!

4 comments:

Adventures in Healing said...

Okay...so half those words just went right over my head. Are you keeping your old baby or selling it? There is no way I am racing you...I'm still on an old mountain bike my parents got me from a police auction when I was in 8th grade.

~AnnaMarie~ said...

LOL, I went back and added explanations for all that stuff so it would make sense to people who aren't as familiar with road bikes. Hope that helps a little!

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

I love the bike. You are awesome!!!
Hey I got Jaden's announcement today, SOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! I love it!!!! I put it up on the fridge already, too cute!! I love the blog too, you did a great job on it, it's adorable!
Love ya!

Becca said...

How fun getting new bikes! By the way, I know Tovi Cain. She is in my ward in San Antonio. She is such a sweetheart.