Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dear Jaxon

Dear Jax,

Today I was mowing the lawn. You hopped on the riding lawn mower and sat right in front of me, snuggled up close. You helped me turn the wheel, and every so often, turned around to look at me. After a while, you tired of it and asked to "gee opp" "(get off). I lifted you off and you darted across the grass with your cute little run. And then you stopped, turned around again, gave me a million watt smile and waved. It occured to me that you won't remember this day, or this seemingly ordinary moment- but I will.

Love,

Mom

3 comments:

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

So sweet!!!

Janna said...

love sweet moments like that!

Lavinia said...

OH my this made me cry. How often do we share those moments with our kids, that are so precious to us, yet so ordinary for them.