Friday, August 14, 2009

Kids Tri Harder Triathlon 2009

For the 2nd year in a row, my kids got to participate in the Kids Tri Harder Triathlon. They have such a great time and look forward to it all year. Mason has a pretty laid back attitude about it, just wanting to have a good time, while Savannah is cut-throat and swears she has to train and she has to win. This is typical of their personalities :)

For the kids 7 and under, they swim once across the pool (and can wear life jackets), bike around the block and run through a U shaped course in the parking lot. All is said and done in under 10 minutes. For the kids 8 and older, they do twice that, and no life jackets.

Mason and Savannah getting ready to start



Savannah flexing her muscles. While we were in the locker room getting ready, she said, "I sure hope these people trained!" LOL


Savannah swimming. She was first out of the water. She was booking it for a tiny thing in a life jacket!


On the bike, with her too large helmet falling over her eyes.


And running her little heart out.

Savannah came in very fast and was pretty sure she took first. Indeed, she did and she said, "I won 2 years in a row!" She was thrilled. She is a very competitive spirit.
Mason forgot his goggles so he had to use Savannah's pink ones :) He said pink goggles were better than none!

Here he is in the pool getting ready to start!


And riding his bike.

Running away....


Here is Savannah with her first place ribbon and medal. Mason came in 7th in his category. They both said it was a blast and can't wait to do it again. I am so proud of them for their hard work and great attitudes! You kids rock!

3 comments:

SwimCoachFinder said...

That is awesome. I hope I can have a tri family too one day! Great Pics and great race!

Karen said...

I taught Savanna's class on Sunday and she was telling me about racing. She's so stinkin' cute!

Bek said...

I saw that but I didn't know the kids could wear life jackets. My girls would have loved it.