Thursday, October 30, 2008

is it ME?

The past week, I've been spending my life on the phone, trying to get other people's stupid mistakes figured out. It must be me because I swear, it's not normal for this many things to be "processed incorrectly".

Last week, I got a statement from my insurance saying that Jaxon's hospitalization was denied because he was not eligible for benefits at the time of service. So I called them to find out what was up. You would think that if you pay $500 a month for insurance that you rarely use anyway, they would be willing to pay when it is actually needed. They said it was their error and they would indeed pay all the claims that they denied (which was the hospital, the surgeon, the anesthesiologist, the radiologist etc...).

Then, I got a statement in the mail saying our house payment was late. So I called because we recently refinanced and our old mortgage was supposed to be paid off weeks ago. When I called, I was told they couldn't access that information since they were undergoing system maintenance. I would have to call back another time to find out whether it had indeed been paid off. Here it is the end of the month and Im panicking because if for any reason, they haven't received the funds, they could report it to the credit bureau. I tried to access it online as well but had no luck their either.

Then today I took Mason's lunch money up to the school. I took it straight to the lunch room and paid cash. A couple hours later, he called me to say they wouldn't let him eat lunch because he didnt have lunch money. Apparently they didnt get it put into the computer or something....

After that, I ran to Target to get some birthday stuff for Mason. I wrote a check. He told me my check was not approved. I was confused since I have never had a returned check. I asked for a number to call to find out why it was not approved. He didnt have one, but called the front desk, who didn't know either, and gave me their guest relations number. So I called and explained, and was told, "We're sorry. Our system is having issues and we cannot accept any checks right now. It has nothing to do with your account, we are just asking all guests to pay with another tender until we get it fixed." Would have been nice if the store had known that so I hadn't felt like an idiot when they told me they wouldn't take my check!

Then I got the mail, and sure enough, there is a bill from the hospital saying the insurance has failed to pay and I now have to pay thousands of dollars right away. So I get to call the insurance back, and I get to call the hospital, to see if I can get that resolved before we have anything showing as delinquent.

I also had a battery for my camera go bad. So several weeks ago I called and since it is warranteed, they said they would be sending me a new one and it would be here in 2-3 buisness days. That was 3 weeks ago, and it has not arrived. So I get to call them as well to find out where it is.

Is this normal? I give my money to all of these people and you'd think that would make things go smoothly, but no, apparently it's very common for people to not realize that you are or have given them money. I would have lots more free time if I didnt have to spend so much of it on the phone taking care of these issues. Seems like I need to keep my schedule completely free so that I can spend the day doing nothing except straightening out whatever messes have been made with my accounts :)

Phew...there is my rant for the day!

6 comments:

jessica said...

surgery??? what did jaxon have surgery on? hope all is well lookin forward to seeing you soon! loving the highschool pictures! you still only look like five yrs older but much smaller hair!

Brittany said...

Whew! Are you on some black list or something?! Sheesh! I hope it all works out for you!

Tovi said...

Sorry for your horrible day! This does happen to me too. And it is always everything at the same time. Things can't go wrong unless there are 10 other things going wrong too. Hang in there and good luck!

Sariah said...

Wow. That is a lot of stuff to happen all at once! I certainly do not think that's normal - but I would definitely say it isn't you - it's all of them! CRAZY! I hope everything works out soon for you! Good luck!

Janna said...

I have been dealing with a few of these types of things lately. I hate incompetent people... or stupid computers that mess things up! And then having to waste my time on the phone getting transfered from person to person trying to explain the problem over and over again... until finally someone helps me out. Ugh.

So, I hear you on this one...

Adventures in Healing said...

I can just hear you saying grrr! I was reading last night that these types of things are going to get more common as the economy sucks more because of creditors buying out other creditors and accounts not being watched closely enough. So retarded if you ask me.