Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Really Daniel? Really???

WARNING: If you have a husband like mine- impulsive, admittedly self-indulgent, and when he wants something, nothing will stop him from making it happen), and you have a crazy dream about him doing something completely ridiculous (but that, were it possible, he would love to do), DO NOT TELL HIM ABOUT THIS DREAM!!!


Case in Point.

Daniel and computers. It's ridiculous really. I dont think I really need to explain because the pictures and story will speak for themselves.


A few months ago I had this silly dream. I dreamed that Daniel came home and told me he was hooking up our big screen HD TV and using it as a computer monitor. While he was doing it, I was rolling my eyes and saying, "Daniel, you are crazy. You are NOT using a $3000 television as a computer monitor!"), all the while, he was doing just that.


Now, why, you may ask, would I have such a dream? Here is a clue:





THIS is the computer in our room. Yes, what you see is 4 monitors. And yes, he can scroll across them all as if they were one. But that's not the end of it. We have another computer downstairs and the other day, ANOTHER monitor, that looks exactly like one of these, showed up at my door. WTH?? He said he wanted to move one of these to the downstairs computer (I mean, heaven forbid we have a monitor down there on a computer we rarely use, that is NOT a flat screen. Unacceptable!). So of course, it made sense that we must buy another monitor (otherwise, this computer would only have 3 and how could we live with that??) So another monitor it was.


Does the craziness end there. No, but here we go.




Yes, what you see is our 52 inch flat sceen now serving as a computer monitor. That is indeed Yahoo messenger there. And yes, he was giggling with giddiness over this. Should have kept the dang dream to myself :) LOL.

Only Daniel, I tell you. Gotta love him.

10 comments:

Heather said...

A couple of my husbands guy friends have done that. Silly Boys!

BRIAN~KANDICE~ALI~ALYSSA said...

The things guys do.......I will leave it at that.

Anonymous said...

When I grow up I want to be like Daniel.

Brittany said...

That is really funny!

~AnnaMarie~ said...

LOL yeah, but what I didnt mention is that I get plenty of benefits from his computer-ness myself (i.e., when the computer breaks, I simply tell him and slowly back away and when I come back, whatever I did to screw it up is all fixed and I dont have to worry :)

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

Ha Ha! Too funny! :)

Adventures in Healing said...

yah...that would be my father-in-law. You can't say that you weren't surprised...that's for sure!

Ashley said...

Funny, MINE did the EXACT same thing.

Mel Bernard said...

actually its not only Daniel.My husband is teased all the time that his computer screen is bigger than most peoples tv screens.. i just smile and let his have the excuse "all my important work is done on a computer"

Billy and Megan said...

My hubby has a thing with multilple monitors too. Although, I have to admit, when I am really wanting to go fast with my digital scrapbooking- it is speedy!